Chinese New Year in Albuquerque, NM
Chinese New Year in Albuquerque - Lion Dance
Celebrate the Chinese New Year in Albuquerque with traditional Oriental festivities at the Chinese Culture Center.
The revelry includes:
- the Dance of the Dragon, with a 60-foot Chinese dragon operated by ten people
- colorful ribbon and flag dances
- adorable little girls dancing with fans
- an expanded Lion Dance team
- demonstrations of Tai Chi Chuan and Kung Fu fighting forms
- exciting drumming and more!
The Chinese Culture Center's free celebration draws hundreds of people, including prominent members of the Chinese-American community in New Mexico. The celebrations are conducted outside, rain or shine.
Photos on this page courtesy of Wen Wu
Where: The Chinese Culture Center and Lin's Martial Arts Academy at 427 Adams SE, Albuquerque, NM
(one block East of Washington, one block South of Zuni)
For more information: The Chinese Culture Center, 505-268-7023www.ChineseCultureCenter-ABQ.com
You are here:
Thank you for visiting China Family Adventure!
Like our site? Follow Us!
Like this page? Please share it!